Dress Up a Boring Bunk Bed: Globe Lights

September 14, 2014

I bought the IKEA Kura bed some time ago off Craigslist. It's a really great bed for kids and a small sized room, especially a low-ceiling room.
Anyway, the bed was getting tired. I was thinking of replacing the beds all together which I still might do but in the meantime I added globe lights to the ceiling of the lower bed.
The kids loved them. The lower bunk bed went from zero to hero. All of them wanted to sleep below the first night they were up.
Now, of course, if you want to do this make sure your bulbs don't get hot to the touch. In fact, LED lights are probably best. Mine are not LED but I can always touch them and I don't let them on all night.
My lights are always safe to touch and I also added a dimmer switch so that they don't have to be bright if the kids want to try and fall asleep with them on.
I attached them with simple safety pins which I think is also safer because they are not touching the bed or the bed sheets. I just hooked the safety pin through the hook on the globe light.
I got my globe lights at Target for only $14.99 which isn't bad for globe lights. There are 25 lights in all. In fact if you like globe lights for outdoor parties I recommend getting about 10 strings which is 250 lights which is sufficient for lighting an outdoor space. That's only $150 and $14.99 is the cheapest price I've seen for globe lights. In fact, a little tip, if you put them on a gift registry Target will send you a 10% off coupon in the mail for items on your registry. So you could get them for only $135. Pretty sweet.

3 {comments}:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

That's really cute! When we were kids, my mom put lights on our bunk beds. Our rooms were all cozy. I remember it very fondly.

~ Kim ~ said... Best Blogger Tips

Light bulb moment! I can do this so my 3yr old son stops coming into my bed for a sleep!!! Oh yeah, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

aw! it's a cozy place for kids. find more info about triple bunk bed for kids on my blog

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...