I've got my beauty routine for the summer down (it changes as the seasons change). For a summer look I like to go dark on the eyes and light on the lips with a bronzer on the cheeks. It takes about five minutes and gives me a healthy sunkissed summery appearance. My skin always looks best in the warm months. I have poor circulation in the cold and I guess the blood finally gets a chance to circulate around my body in the heat;-P Oddly, I'm more moisturized and my makeup just lays better (except in the EXTREME heat of course) But overall, it's a great time to look healthy instead of a sickly pale with flaking makeup.
3. After my face dries I apply a very light moisturizer under my eyes and smear it around my lids. Then I apply around my mouth and smear it around my cheeks and jawbone. The key is LIGHT.
4. I later go back with a concealer stick and using a brush dab on a heavier concealer in the bags on my eyes (which are awful) and need the extra umpf of a stick.
Then I start on my eyes. This is most delicate part of the process and takes the longest because I need a steady hand. I like my summer eyes to be dark but ONLY on the outer edges. If I go FULL dark it just ends up looks Egyptian.
5. I apply a crayon liner to the middle to the outer edges of my lids and I taper the line from fine (middle lid) to wide (outer lid) both on top and bottom of my eye.
6. Then under that crayon I use a liquid liner to cover what the crayon missed (the skin closest to the lash line).
7. Then I add a dark brown shadow from the middle of my eye to the outer edges. Finally since my eyelashes go straight down into my eyes (you can literally see them covering part of my eyes from a glance) I have to curl them up.
8. First I use an eyelash curler then I apply the mascara. I never apply the mascara first and then curl. I know you get a better curl but in the long run it's never worth it. Eventually your lashes will break off and you're going to end up with stumpier lashes than when you started.
9. To help my lashes grow I use Revlon's Grow Luscious mascara. It helps to make your lashes stronger with continued use.
10. Then I add a light liquid bronzer to my cheeks.
11. And finally I add a light shaded lipstick. Nude is best. If I go a little lighter on my eyes sometimes I'll go with something a little more pinkish.
12. Voila! Done. Then I usually leave my hair down in large crimped waves. But if it's especially hot I'll bun it.
How do you change your beauty routine for the warm summer months? What looks best on your in the heat?